View and experience this beautiful province.
Hike or bike over the most beautiful routes and let yourself be surprised by the local culture and nature.
- Discover historic Heerhugowaard. A beautiful 24 or 41 km route along the monuments in the region.
- Famous Farmhouse route (Stolpenroute) Heerhugowaard. There are still 174 of these icons in our region, and the VVV has developed a beautiful digital cycle route.
- Walking in Schagen. A route of 34 km along the Stolp farms of Schagen and surrounding areas.
- Around Alkmaar route. This route is 21 or 28 kilometers long and runs through Heilooërbos and the Langedijkertuinders villages.
- Visit Alkmaar for the first time and you will never forget her again. Because you will return to this magnificent city. Strolling past the monuments, canals, shops, museums and terraces you will be amazed at the beauty of the old town. The Alkmaar Tourist Office website provides a complete overview of all activities and attractions.
- Alkmaar is, of course, known as cheese city: for centuries, the world-famouscheese market is held from April to September on Friday mornings. It’s a true North Holland tradition that brings a lot of reassurance and conviviality. From 10 to 12.30 the cheese carriers will start at the Waagplein. Visitors from all over the world come along to watch the spectacle. The colorful hats of the cheese carriers, the handshake of the traders and the lively market make a visit to the Alkmaar cheese market a perfect day out.
- In the footsteps of Hugo. A walk of 25 km in 3 stages
Cable water ski run
- SKEEF is located in Luna Park, where you can learn the first principles of water skiing within half an hour. Why not give it a try?
- Park van Luna is a recreation area of 170 hectares with forest, hiking and cycling paths. Lake Luna has a leisure area and sandy beach.
De Noordzeestranden van Noord Holland.
The atmospheric seaside resorts in the Netherlands are annually visited by many people. And not just in the summer; all year round you can enjoy the beaches of North Holland. Catch some fresh air, take a well-deserved drink in a beach bar or go hiking in the wonderful dunes. The distinctive resorts Egmond aan Zee and Bergen aan Zee are just a 30 minute drive from the Babylon Hotel Heerhugowaard-Alkmaar.
Egmond aan Zee
This classic seaside resort is the most popular place for families. In the village you’ll find many cosy restaurants, terraces, and amusing shops selling clothing, accessories and nicknacks. And on long summer Wednesday evenings market stalls can be found throughout the town centre.
You can enjoy lunch at one of the many beach pavilions which overlook the North Sea. And just a short distance away, on beautiful winter days, you can take an endless stroll along the beach. Walk in the brisk wind and reward yourself afterwards with a hot chocolate in the engaging beachside village.
Bergen aan Zee
Chic and luxurious are the best descriptions of Bergen aan Zee; a seaside town with allure. Relax with champagne on a lounge sofa or dream in a hammock at a beach club. The Bergen aan Zee pavilions are stylishly decorated; it’s a place where you immediately feel at home.
The recreational area Geestmerambacht consists of a pond surrounded by a landscaped park with trees, lawn, reeds and orchid meadows.
Observe the grazing Scottish highlanders and maybe you’ll spot some noteworthy birds such as the common buzzard, spotted woodpecker and sparrowhawk.
The area is ideal for outdoor activities such as jogging, picnicking and mountain biking. Click here for an overview of possible activities.
Historische steden en dorpen aan het Markermeer.
Enkhuizen has a rich history. Within the old city walls are many national monuments and each has a unique and compelling story. Visit this fascinating old harbour and experience on every street corner the impressive relics of a typical VOC settlement. Click here for an overview of all activities.
While walking in Hoorn try to imagine yourself in the old merchant city. You can almost smell the nutmeg from the golden age, or hear the ships preparing to embark, sails being hoisted and the deck mopped. Click here for an overview of all activities.
Volendam, best known from "de Dijk" with its many shops, restaurants and terraces, where visitors can enjoy the authentic atmosphere and view of the harbour. Maybe get photographed in traditional Volendam clothing. The city is a maze of streets and features boats that sail to the remote Marken which is also well worth a visit.